At Hospice of the Sandias you will find….
Dignity. On this new journey, you may be searching for meaning….for purpose….for resolution. Hospice of the Sandias will help you explore opportunities for personal growth and spiritual, emotional, and relational healing. Whether it is reviewing your life or closing unfinished business, we will ensure that your dignity is not compromised.
Honesty. When questions go unanswered, your concerns and anxieties can build. The unknown can become a real burden. At Hospice of the Sandias, we pay special attention to your needs, and we answer all of your questions honestly and directly. This allows you and your family to make autonomous, informed decisions. Relieving the anxiety lets you live as comfortably as possible – with all the support you need.
Tranquility. We take a holistic approach to your care whether your needs are physical, emotional, or spiritual. Hospice of the Sandias will help to minimize your pain and allow you to live as fully and comfortably as possible. Our expert staff specializes in the unique needs of hospice patients, and we use the latest methods for pain management. Our team will create a special care plan tailored to meet your individual needs and wishes.
Sensitivity. It takes a special kind of person to work in hospice – and everyone at Hospice of the Sandias is specially trained in hospice and palliative care. You and your family will receive compassionate support from our Interdisciplinary Group, which is available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year:
- Medical Director - Working closely with you and your personal physician, our medical director will develop a specific treatment plan for you. Highly skilled in pain and symptom management, our medical director ensures that you are living as comfortably as possible.
- Nurses and HHAs - These thoughtful professionals manage your care plan and tend to your personal care requirements, including light housekeeping and meal preparation. Our nurses are also important educational resources for you and your family.
- Social Worker - Our social worker helps you and your family to cope with the emotional aspects of your situation, and can arrange for community support services or financial counseling as well.
- Chaplain – Our chaplain provides pastoral care and spiritual and bereavement counseling to you and your family, directly or by coordinating services, based on your personal preferences.
- Volunteers – Our caring and dedicated volunteers offer you and your family a sympathetic ear and shoulder to lean on…they will also assist with errands, light household chores, and much more.
- Dietitians – Our dietitians are available to answer any questions and provide advice on nutrition, healthy diet, and dining plans.
- Therapists – Physical, speech, and occupational therapists can evaluate and educate you and your family on preserving and improving quality of life.
Serenity. Whether you choose to receive hospice services in a nursing facility, an inpatient unit, or another extended care facility, you will see many extra touches of home. The atmosphere is warm, inviting, peaceful, and carefully designed for your complete comfort.
Special note to family and friend:
We know that your main concern is to find the right care – and find it as soon as possible. That is why Hospice of the Sandias offers a quick response time to all inquiries and referrals. Evaluations are usually scheduled the same day you contact us. You can be confident that your loved one will receive the best of care.
Where do we begin?
Contact Hospice of the Sandias for the care, comfort, and support you need to live your life to the fullest. For more information, please contact us:
Hospice of the Sandias
105 Hospital Loop NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Telephone (505) 881-5342 . Facsimile (505) 348-1006 . http://www.hospiceofthesandias.com/